Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm in a great mood, bordering on mania. I called hoping you could bring me down.

Who ever heard of having a good mood Tuesday? It's probably the slap-happy sleep-deprived energy shot talking. Those girls that walk around with the free energy shots in the library are the offspring divine, sent from heaven. But I guess it makes sense - "gives you wings". Makes them angels. Gives me sense.

Or something closely-resembling.

It's funny. I had $10 - I never thought that food v. cigarettes could be a trial for the books. Luckily, food's attorney is a tad more articulate. Or my stomach gave pretty strong testimony. In it's weakness.

I'm in the library, printing cigarette coupons.
I'm done with the rest, I'll only eat croutons.
Perhaps I'll cough up a lung before my body turns cannibal.
I only enjoy it when the danger is tangible.
I know that I hate me, 'cause I'm a man-made animal.

Good moods with good tunes on hand makes for a better mood. It's not me against the music. It's me inside the music. Against the world. But mostly it comes down to proxy skirmishes with piles of leaves. And those don't last long, because they fly up in flourishes and we forge fast friendships. Then it all turns into pleasant impressionism. Especially on sunny autumn days.

They're rare, but well-done.

No comments:

Post a Comment