Sunday, February 14, 2010

Crocodile valentine (part two of 2)

(this is for someone that I love)


in the virtual volume of vacancy, I
have charted a course through the vacuum of time.
connecting the dots, i'm clearing the way
for a thought to come through that i can't think to say.

it's very important, in matters like these,
to steady oneself and sway with the breeze,
so just slip from your window and float fancy free,
kick off your slippers and foot-loose with me,
fly the water, walk the sky, swim the trees,
the dangers so distant they don't dare disagree,
dancing and screaming to the tune that you please,
bearing in heart to make mind more at ease.

and yet i still wait, for til now there's nothing,
while i'm weighing the wind for everything, anything.

preferably something profusely profound,
but i tickle my tongue and it won't make a sound,
so i type on my keyboard, building twaddle abound,
but its not as much typing as a pissed sort of pound
to synthesize speech that will delight and astound
a dish that's developed, crisp, golden-browned
but i bellow and bluster and burn to the ground
and I try to pinpoint the pain and expound
but what comes from my mouth is the howl of a hound
so i run to the words and again we go round

then i looked at the way the wind had been wound
and how many ups were accordingly downed,
and that even some of the verbs had been noun’d,
and only to find in my mind what i found -

sometimes i can't think of a poetic way to say how wonderful you are.


(valentine's day is lonely)

No comments:

Post a Comment